Friday, February 18, 2011

Something that has been different this semester is the fact that I get to experience various subjects the students learn in school. I thought I wouldn't like this new change, because I enjoyed working with the kids on my favorite subject, English. However, the more I get to work with the students on social studies and math, the more I enjoy it. I get to learn how the teacher apporaches and introduces different aspects of history. For example, the students have been learning about heroes of the past and making connections to their own lives. It's also nice to see how my teacher appreciates my help and allows me to work more and take more control in the class. I feel like I've been giving more range to work with the kids. Yesterday, I also did paperwork type work for my teacher. I was making folders out of paper and staples. It was so much fun because I felt like a teacher. The more I go to the school, the more I feel like teaching is what I really want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment