Friday, March 11, 2011

Objectives in the Classroom

Yesterday at the school, my teacher worked on math and social studies with the students. The day began with my teacher passing out a math test. After practicing fraction problems by making a "Fraction Book," my teacher passed out a practice test to evaluate their level of comprehension. The test was meant to show whether or not the students knew the material. She was going to grade them expecting 90% accuracy. This will help the teacher see what she has to change to better the learning experience of the students.  Once the test was done, we moved on to social studies. The objective was to learn about heroes of different time periods in American history. The students created a heroe book and had write down important facts about the person and why they chose them as their favorite heroe. The students also drew pictures reflecting on what they wrote. The teacher was going to grade them by the content written with very high accuracy. Throughout the week, we studied how to write and indentify objectives. Taking with me this knowledge I was able to see my teacher placing her objectives in action. These past nine weeks have been different than last semester. First, I am able to experience all the core subjects being taught. Second, I feel like my teacher allows me to be more involved in the classroom. I can't wait to see what the last nine weeks will bring at the elementary.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you write! And I love your enthusiasm for teaching. You will be a great teacher, Selah!

    ReplyDelete