Friday, January 14, 2011

January 13th 2011

I was very excited going back to the elementary and getting back into the classroom. I decided to stay with the same teacher and students because I wanted to stay consistent. However, I was kind of disappointed when I realized there was a different group of students. Last semester, the teachers rotated classes. My teacher was involved with reading and writing and then the students rotated to another teacher for math. This semester, however, the teachers decided to keep their homeroom students and teach all subjects. My teacher had to adapt to the changes. She has never taught math before so she's been getting help from a different teacher as to how she should approach this. This will be an interesting experience as it will allow me to see more than just reading and writing. I'm also excited to meet a whole new group of kids and work with them as much as possible. They were a little off guard by me at first, but the more I helped them the more they began to trust me. Also, my teacher rearranged the room for this new semester. By rearranging the room, she made the classroom atmosphere more exciting and workable. Something I really admire about my teacher is how she engages the students in the activities and how involved she is with them. She has a good teacher-student relationship and you can tell the students really respect her. She handles problems really well too. I cant wait to see what this semester has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment